Mia and I went to the zoo last week with some other mommies we met at this church downtown. It was pretty fun, although a bit too crowded. In total there were 5 mommies and 8 kiddos, 4 of which were 2 year olds, all within a month of each other's birthdays! Here are some fun pics...
Look Gigi, I can swim with dolphins too!!!
You can see in the picture below that there a few little kids in the tunnel, and this big boy ran by pushing and destroyed them all, stepping on fingers, etc. I was at the end of the tunnel after I took this waiting for her to come out and when she never did I went back and looked and she was sitting right in this same place just sobbing! It was horrible! I crawled in and pulled her out and the big boy's mom made him apologize, but it was a bit traumatic for us all...
So I have lost my cell phone again. Well, I think I know where it is, I had it last in the studio in Austin where Rex was recording this weekend but now I don't have it so I am hoping it is there. In any case, I don't have it right now. This got me thinking about all of the self-inflicted cell phone troubles I have had in the last (1) year:
1. Lost cell phone in Austin, homeless man calls my mom at 3 in the morning asking for a reward to give it back. Rex meets him at gas station the next day and retrieves it for $20.
2. That cell phone's screen stops working, I order a new one.
3. I don't like the new one so I give it to my mom and order another new one.
4. I have the new cute pink one in my purse with my travel mug filled with hot tea which evidentally doesn't travel so well. Everything in purse gets soaked, phone obviously quits working.
5. I am using the original new phone I bought (pre-pink) that now only works on speaker phone, so I have to go around being super annoying on speaker everwhere I go.
6. I order another new pink phone.
7. I flush new pink phone down the toilet at Target.
8. I order replacement phone.
9. Replacement phone does not work, no one can hear me talking on the handset.
10. I order replacement replacement, it works fine but now is gone again, hopefully to be found soon...
And all of this in one year's time. Amazing.
So anyway, I am thinking I should just get a home phone, with a cord that I cannot drop, break or lose. I am obviously not responsible enough to own a cell phone.
On another note, someone has hacked into our rex.jennifer email and it using it to send out spam, so if you got any emails from us offering to sell you something to make you grow or lose hair, lose or gain weight or make anything else in general bigger or smaller, it is not from us!!!!!
Finally, here are a couple of video clips I took recently. The first one has to do with Mia being suddenly scared of monsters. We have to close her closet door, and constantly reassure her that there are no monsters before she will go to sleep. This isn't as easy as it sounds, since every time she wakes up she talks about a "widdle girl" who she hears talking to her in her bed, and they play peek a boo, etc. Every time she wakes up she talks about this girl and it has started to freak us out a bit, so instead of telling her that there are no monsters, I decided a better way to go was to teach her what to do if she came across one... ergo the kick it in the head comment. The second video is of us playing on my excersise ball that she calls Mr. Egg. Never has workout equipment been so much fun! Well, until next time!


3 comments:
this is awesome. she is a very funny baby. Did you have to put her on those animals or does she actually have to crawl? i was and am still not that good at climbing. looks like fun! Also that monster thing is really funny. I wonder where she learned the word monster? maybe you have a ghost!! - Jessica
I know we might have a ghost! She was talking about monsters and so I let her watch Monsters Inc movie thinking it would help, but now she just thinks they are real. I told her they were just drawings, but she said, but they talk mommy... hard to argue with that kind of logic!
I love her.
that is all.
Post a Comment