Thursday, June 4, 2009

Llama pants


Mia does not like my llama pants she says. Upon further inspection, I suppose that is what I look like. http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/breeds/other/llama/llama1.jpg

and I remembered another good freezer meal... chicken pot pie! Leftover chicken from a crock pot dinner, or a couple of breasts cut up and cooked, mixed with a bag of frozen mixed veggies and a can of cream of chicken soup. If you want this the super yummy way, lay a store bought pie crust in the bottom of a dish, dump the chicken veggie mix in then top with another crust. I usually cut the crust up into 1/2 inch strips and to a lattice type layer on the bottom and then again on the top so I only use one crust total instead of two. Either way, bake until the top crust is nice and brown. Again, if there are any left overs they freeze great, or if you are making one, just make two and stick the second one straight in the freezer for another day!

No comments: