Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Potty training-
I tried the whole give a prize or award to get your child to go potty quite a few months ago (really since about 18 months on and off) but my child is just to astute to be tricked by mere parental bribery. She learned quickly how to work the system... to negotiate to get more awards, greater prizes, etc. At first it was 1 candy, or 1 sticker and before I knew it she would hold out for 2, 3, or 4 candies, a cookie or two and some stickers. Smart kid. This came to a stop when at one point I literally offered her 5 herseys kisses, two cookies and as many stickers as she wanted if she would just sit on the potty for a minute and she still said no, so I realized that she just didn't want to do it. No amount of anything, including chocolate would change her mind. She finally decided earlier this month though, all on her own, that babies wear diapers and she is NOT a baby so she should wear panties. So, all month she has been wearing big girl panties, even on car rides to Houston. She says when she needs to go and we go! No number 1 accidents to date, however she has pooped in her panties quite a number of times, which is kind of sad but not very often. My mom noticed her poop in her panties and said, OK Mia lets go get that out of there! Mia responded, no, I want to keep it. Mom said, no, you can't keep it, it smells; to which Mia sniffed around and replied, I don't smell it, its ok.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love it. Hudson does the same thing when we ask him if he is stinky he raises his eyebrows and furiously shakes his head "no". Maybe it's just me but I would want that out of there asap!
Post a Comment