Monday, June 16, 2008

today's thoughts

So we have been talking about taking pictures of my belly from week to week to post and compare the little bump, but we just keep forgetting or not doing it or something, so we missed all of the nothing is really there but we are pretending it is/too small to tell that I am pregnant stages and are now in the oh what a cute little bump stage, so hopefully we can get a pic or two before it turns into a wow when are you due bump. We'll see!

We have had to much going on, driving about, having people over, running errands, etc that yesterday I decided that Mia and I were just going to hang out at home, doing nothing, playing, watching some toons, whatever we wanted just at home and so except for taking lunch to Rexy-poo's office that is what we did. We drew on the driveway with chalk, we played in our little blow up baby pool, we ran in the sprinkler, we played a ton of learning to read games on the computer and just chilled. There is a fun website called starfall.com where you can practice letters and hear sounds and sing songs and so we would do the easy ones first and then the harder ones (like V, Q, I, Y) she would guess and guess until I told her the right answer and then she says, "Oh yeah! Q! I member dat now!" It was so funny with her "Oh yeah I member dat now" everytime I had to give her the right letter : )

Anyhow, at the end of the day Rex had already rocked her and sang to her and it was my turn, so we were rocking and singing and she puts her little arm around my neck and pulls my face close and says, "mommy, you my best fwiend." It just warms me like nothing else on earth. I seem to remember that the last time she said that we had had a day like yesterday, just hanging at home, playing together, spending time together, not running errands, not going to storytime or playdates or whatever else I plan for us to make her days fun and educational... so maybe all of those things are more fun for me than sitting around playing letters all day, but maybe just maybe she doesn't need all of those distractions. Maybe all she needs is to spend some quality time with mommy to feel the most special. It was a good day.

More later, with some fun pics...

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I think you are probably very right. Every now and then a day out for mama's sake is great, but especially at Mia's age, I bet the consistency and comfort of home is the best thing of all. Thanks for sharing, Jenny

Sara, Brady and Elliott said...

How cute! I love it when Brady says I'm his best friend. Right now, though, he mostly says Elliott's his best friend!

Enjoy the time you have with just one. Life definitely changes with two! (Still good, just different)

:) Sara