Wednesday, June 25, 2008

So much cuteness

opposite so much stinkiness... after the whole "you can't do anything to me" comment yesterday, Mia turns around and is so cute today I told her that if she got any cuter they were going to turn her into buttons and sell her, whatever that means. So we took her to see Kung Fu Panda last night (which was actually really funny) and at one point one character kind of fades out of existance. Mia asked what happened, and as usual when she asks about things dying I told her that he went to live with Jesus. Why? she asks. Because he wanted to, I reply. Why? she asks. Because he loves Jesus I replied and he wanted to go see him. She pauses and thinks and says, "but I wuv Jesus..." I don't know if she meant that because she did no one else could (which is a stage we are in right now) or if she was worried that she was going to fade off into the sky as well. I'm not sure, but it was so cute.

Then today, she didn't get a nap because we had Reece and when he left she just fell apart. She was crying and laying on the floor and crawling in my lap and just so sad and tired. She is the only person I have ever seen that can turn her entire mouth acutally upside down, like the frowniest frown face ever, with big sad teary eyes, it is just pitiful. So she was making this face, saying, "My feewings are, my feewings are, um," until she could think of the words and then she hugs her body tight and falls over on my dramatically and says, "my feewings are hurting me!!!!" oh is that not sad? So I went to put her in bed and we were rocking and trying to calm down and she would pop her head up and wipe her tears and say, "my tears are all gone! I wipe them away! I feew happy now!" to which I responded, that's great sweety but we are still going to rest a while, which would promt another dramatic tearful cry for mercy from the terrible horrible banishment of bedtime. It is so hard to be 2 and not have anyone understand you.

5 comments:

The Bittles said...

Thanks for the glimpse into your little girlie lives - I just love hearing what new cute phrase Mia comes up with.
Love ya, kristi

Jenny said...

I second Kristi's comment--I could listen to "Mia said..." stories all day long! love ya, Jenny

Jessica said...

is it so wrong to tell a child that things die?

Jami said...

I love those girls!

The Klentzmans said...

We talk about things dying, things getting old or sick. It is hard to explain that sometimes things aren't old or sick, they just die. We have talked about it though and it makes her so sad... she gets her sad face and said "Mia will die." I was like what?? and she said "a car will squish me and I will die if I run in the cars!" I have told her this but didn't think she understood until we had a talk about Jessica's new kitten's mommy dying. I think she understood. sad.