Wednesday, June 25, 2008

someone help me!

I still can't figure out how to post a slideshow... I try to embed it and it shows up as a bunch of writing with a link instead of a picture preview. Anyway, here are some individual pictures from our trip to Toledo Bend this past weekend with (gasp) more Klentzman relatives that I had never met before.



We had a nice time, and Mia was surprisingly calm on the 7 hour drive, although she had a fever on the way there and for the first 2 days, so that sedated her quite a bit. It was great meeting new family members, including the other Jennifer Klentzman (now Jennifer Dean so I am for now the one and only if you can believe that out of all of these relatives there was only 1 jennifer... how is that possible when everyone else I know in my entire life is named Jennifer?)
Mia absolutely LOVES fishing. Luckily, this pole came with its own fish attached, but she spent all the time she could at the water casting and reeling!



And a picture of Mia and I cooking in our cute as buttons matching aprons that Jenny sent us! I wear mine all the time now just because it is so cute, and Mia wore hers to Walmart with her houseshoes, of course.


So my little teenager told me the other day after an extensive fit-throwing, screaming kicking event in the car when I told her to behave or she was going to get in huge trouble when we got home that, and I quote, "NO. YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO ME!" to which I responded, oh yeah, well that is funny coming from someone who can't do anything for themselves... I could put you in time out, I could spank you, or I could just not feed you anymore so you had better watch your mouth. I know, not the most mature thing to do I admit, but never before have I actually wanted to wring her little neck like I did in that moment. Boy are we in for a mouthy next 20 years... we both really need this next baby to be a boy just to reduce the amount of attitude and hormones in our household! The cashier at this kids store in Salt Lake told us that the two times in a woman's life she is filled with the most hormones are during pregnancy and between the ages of 2 and 4, so poor Rexy-poo needs a nice quiet football buddy I think! More later... I have Reece (Mia's 4 year old cousin) and her today, so I am a bit tired out. I am already second guessing the desire to have a boy and we've just had him since last night...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, What can I say, I am loving keeping up with you guys through your blog. I don't think I have ever seen you happier. It is such a treat to watch you and Rex combine families and see you two love each other and Mia so much. I am so happy for you all. I literally read with tears in my eyes often, God has blessed you all so incredibly I just can't wait to see all the wonderful things he has in store for ya'll. love you all, beth irwin

Becky said...

hey girl...quen again. HAD to tell you what my lil angel told me the other day: we were in the kitchen and she was getting ready to climb up the cabinets...i said 'Alli, no. You dont need to do that.' she responded, 'mom, i have to do this. i can hang' QUOTE GIRL!!! could not even believe she told me she could "hang" in the most serious way ever!