Tuesday, May 27, 2008

More observations

I think that we all go through life so used to seeing everything around us, all of the signs and noises, alarms, animals, people and general hustle and bustle that it is very easy to just tune out and not even notice all of the little things that there are to see and hear all around us. That might be one of the most fun things about having a toddler; despite the constant (and I mean non-stop, the entire drive, walk, whatever of "what's dat? what's dat makin noises? NOOOOO not DAT DDAAAAATTTT wight dere!!!!) it does make you stop and notice more things. Mia is seeing letters everywhere now, in the parking lot, on signs, everywhere. We were walking through the parking lot in church and she just stops flat, squeeling with delight, "Dere's an R!!! Dere's an R!" There were letters painted on the parking spots, and the further we walked the more letters she got to see and point out. On the way home from San Marcus last night she decided that we needed to hunt for H's. Those were her actual words, "Shhh guys, be vewy quiet. We need to be quiet hunting for H's!" We had to turn down the radio and talk quietly while we all hunted for H's on signs, billboards, buildings, wherever. It was pretty cool that we were actually headed in the direction of a hospital, so every so often we would see a big blue sign with only a big white H on it. That was very exciting. Everytime we would see one, she would ask, "Can we find ano' one? Pweese?" Soooo cute.

What is not so cute is her new found total independence and opinions about EVERYTHING! She actually argues with me about which direction I should turn while driving (which would be totally ridiculous except for the fact that she has been right a couple of times...) and her newest little mouth off is, "I alweady told you dat!" anytime I have to repeat a question to her.

It is quite funny when you have a little talker because they mimic everything you say... sometimes I don't even realize that I say something until she starts saying it and then I realize that I taught it to her unintentionally! Last night she was being loud in the car and I turned around and told her to keep it down a bit and she starts in with, "What is my pwoblem??? What is my pwoblem now?" Oops......!

And finally, last week the art car parade and exhibition was in Houston, so as a tribute may we present "Art Baby: Tribute to tree frogs." Thank you to Aunt Catherine for her contributions. Enjoy!

2 comments:

catherine said...

she looks good in green.
I think it's her color

Jessica said...

you guys are really weird. she looks like a little aborigine.