Saturday, March 1, 2008

Long time no see-

So it has been quite a long time since my last post... we finally had the internet switched into our name, so it was off for over a week, then for some reason that I cannot at this moment remember, I have decided to completely re-do our kitchen (during my free time of course!). I started by repainting the walls, then went on to the cabinets, taking off all of the doors and hardware, power sanding it all, priming, and now I am painting. So, our kitchen is a complete disaster, and there is no end in sight. Drawers full of kitchen things are everywhere, the doors are stacked outside, paint cans sit where I used to prepare dinners... all I can say is that I really hope it looks nice when I get finished and I don't get done and realize that I have ruined all of our woodwork and we have to go buy some new Ikea ones. Hey... that is an idea!!! (for future use of course). Anyhow I have been spending all of my time during naps and after baby bed time painting and sanding, so blogging has been neglected. I am super tired right now, so I'm just going to post some funny pics I've taken the last few weeks of little miss you know who.

This is me trying to entertain her at the doctor's office... pediatricians should really figure out how to keep the wait down. An hour is entirely too long for a two year old to sit around waiting! And, I'm going to get a second opinion I guess because the dr thinks she has asthma and I don't.

This is her reading in bed...she has started loving books which I am very pleased with. I was a bit nervous a few months back when she would just throw them or try to eat them or rip their pages. I already had her pegged as a life long stuggling reader, but she is catching up nicely! We read books every day, especially for some reason the ones with like 3 words to a page so they are really boring. Over and over and over and over and over again. Who made money writing those things? I am in the wrong business, I tell you what.

Here we started making funny faces in the bath. These are her mean faces. Are ya scared yet?

I have a couple of videos to post later of her climbing into her own bed. Yes, she steps up on the bottom of the side, kicks one leg up over her ear basically over the edge, and then pulls with all of her might to throw herself in. She does this in desperate times of needing a paci that has been left behind after nap time. Luckily she doesn't crawl out yet, but I'm sure that is coming really soon.....Yikes!

2 comments:

Jami said...

I LOVE that last photo. It's that face that makes me not be able to "just leave". That is the face I see in my heart all of the time. I LOVE that girl.

Jessica said...

those mean faces are awesome!!