Well, we are back up and running after a week of what I assume to be the flu... Rex and Mia both got flu shots, but I actually told the doctor, no, I really don't get sick, I don't need one. Low and behold, they are both fine and I am on the couch for a week! Thank goodness my grandparents were close by to come help me with Mia, it just so happened that the first time I have been sick since 2004 (I had plenty of time to lay around and reminice) my mom was on a cruise, Cat was back in RI and everyone else was working. I am such a fatalist I guess that I lamented to Rex that my days of being a productive housewife were I supposed over, I was doomed forever to just laying around and trying to distract Mia with TV so I could rest and having a messy house and eating take-out... he said that I would surely be back to myself soon, that I just felt really bad, but I wasn't sure. I just couldn't see how I could possibly have enough energy every day to sweep the floor and make dinner and do anything with Mia, but thankfully I AM back to normal, and today I DID sweep AND make dinner AND take Mia to the playground and it is only 3! Yippee! I remember talking to Judy Montgomery before we got married saying that I would surely call her tons to get together since I would be staying at home and totally bored with nothing else to do... what was I thinking? How do people who both work possibly get all of this stuff done? And we aren't even doing our own lawn... some guys came by today offering to rake up our leaves which have possibly never before been raked, so I ended up paying them $80 but they sacked up over 50 bags of leaves! Everyone in our neighborhood seems to be retired though and they all have really nice lawns with no leaves and things actually growing that they put there to grow, so we were begining to feel like the young punk renters of the block (oh, wait...)! I think that by the time we get all of the things done to the house that we would like to get done (the master back actually having a working toilet, for example) we will be moving out! Oh well.
So I spent a few hours yesterday looking up fun baby pouches and wraps, and watching videos on how to tie a Moby wrap and what the differences are among the carriers, then some chat room stuff on attachment parenting, you know, really productive stuff for someone to do who doesn't have a baby. I really miss having a little one though... I am thinking about buying a Moby wrap to haul Mia around in though, I bet she would like it... just some ponderings... Well, until next time-
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment