Jesus looks like Johnny Depp. On the weekends when Mia naps, Rex and I like to watch movies. We can't watch movies at night because Mia goes to bed around 8 or 8:30 and we just cannot possibly stay up until 10 on a weeknight. Anyway, she was sleeping and so we decided to watch Pirates of the Caribbean 3. She woke up and it wan't over so we kept it on to finish it, thinking she wouldn't really pay attention to it. Wrong! She saw Davey Jones (the octopus guy) and said, "What dat guy?" I told her it was a man, Davey Jones, and she informed me, "Dat not man, dat weally tree." She kept asking about the tree, and where he was going, and what he was doing, etc so I just let her think he was a tree, since that was a much less inappropriate thing for a 2 year old to be watching and concerned about. Then, Captain Jack Sparrow comes on, that scurvvy pirate, and she says, "What dat guy name?" I told her that it was a pirate, Jack Sparrow, and she replied back, "No, dat not piwate! Dat weally Jesus!" She would just not believe me that he was a pirate, and insisted that he was Jesus, so we finally gave in. Now, what I want to know is where she got the picture of the Anglo-Saxon Jesus in her head? We go to Tomball Bible church, or WoodsEdge sometimes, and although it is weird to say, I can't recall ever seeing pictures of Jesus on the walls there. Maybe in children's church they read them books about Anglo-Saxon Jesus? I don't know. I told Rex that there stood the possibility that Jesus really did look like Johnny Depp like most crusifiction portraits would have us believe, and that maybe she remembered him from before she was born! Obviously I am kidding, but we did get a great kick out of it.
In other Jesus news, I was rocking Mia to sleep the other night, and we were singing songs and talking and saying our prayers, and I told Mia, "You know that Mommy loves you more than anything in the whole world, right?" "Uh-huh" she nodded, taking her bottle out of her mouth for a second. "But you know that even though mommy loves you more than anything, Jesus loves you even more? Do you know that Jesus loves you even more than mommy does?" "Uh-huh," she says again, and then adds, "Mimi wub Jesus and mommy wub Jesus and Mimi wub Jesus." You can't warm a mother's heart much more, I don't believe...
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Aww-gave me chill bumps. The Mimi wubs Jesus part--not the Johnney Dep looks like Jesus part:) So cute! Jen
Jennifer, I am so glad you are sharing with all of us. I can't tell you how happy I am that you guys sound so happy. You certainly deserve happiness, I know life is life and everything can't always be perfect but I'm glad you and Rex have each other and Mia has both of you. love you guys, beth
Post a Comment