Yippie we are home from our honeymoon! That might sound funny, as honeymoons are supposed to be super fun and glorious and all of that, but we decided that we are not 5 days on a resort kind of people. First of all, I am wound way to tightly to lay around and do nothing for 5 days, and Rex gets too tired of doing all of the things I would drag him around to for 5 days. The first morning that we were there we had a great laugh, because I was up at 8:30 (earlier than I like to get up at home!) and ready to go see the sights, eat breakfast, take wind surfing lessons, whatever Cancun had to offer. Rex was trying his best to be nice to me, since he just wanted to close the curtains to block out the beautiful sun and view of the ocean to sleep for a couple more hours. So, this honeymoon being our first trip together, we realized that we go on vacations with completely different goals and ideas of what they are supposed to look like. I like to go until I drop, getting up (at least before 9, I really don't think that is too much to ask when you have traveled to a different country and only have a certain amount of time to do things!) and going hard, with tours and adventures, seeing the sights and taking it all in. I don't mind coming home from vacation completely drained and more tired than I was when I left. Rex on the other hand, I found out, likes to come back from vacation well rested. Hum. He likes to sleep until he absolutely has to get up, maybe go lay by the pool for a while, have some lunch, so back and lay down for a nap in the room, then later maybe go for a quiet walk. Now I know that he is really an adventurous guy, and if there had been anything that we could have done that "ran the risk of death or arrest" (those are his words) then he would have jumped to it, but since there wasn't, we had quite a giggle about this new difference we found out about each other. We knew going into this marriage that there were a lot of things that we didn't know about each other, since we had a long distance relationship the whole time until we got engaged. It is really funny now and again when something like this pops up, and we just have to be thankful for each other and our differences and pray that we will have patience and grace as we continue to learn about each other.
On another note, being married definitely makes you learn more about yourself. All of the talk about your spouse being your mirror seemed really funny hypothetically, but in real life sometimes that mirror doesn't shine back glorious perfection that I think we all have a great tendency to believe that we have been blessed with. What I mean is that, evidentally I am wrong. A lot. About a lot of things. Really, I am basically mostly full of it. I am not kidding. My mom always kind of said that, but I didn't really listen because we all know that kids know more than their parents : ), but Rex thinks that it is just about the funniest thing ever. I'll give you an example. I heard somewhere, I swear I heard this, that if you put baby oil on your body before you go to the beach, the sand won't stick to you as bad, you can just wipe it off. Going with this theory, I thought that perhaps not washing your hair would have the same effect, and the sand would just wash right out if I didn't wash it for a few days. So putting this to the myth busters test, I decided to apply my theories, and went to the beach with really dirty hair and baby oil all over. This theory my friends, is a bust. What really happens when you go to the beach with dirty hair and baby oil on your skin is that you first of all look a complete mess with nasty stringy (and completely sandy) hair that is untouchable and disgusting, and all the baby oil does is give you a running head start to a really bad sunburn. My top lip is actually peeling. Also, I thought that you couldn't get a sunburn unless your skin felt hot, but evidentally that is also a bunch of you know what.
So, I am challenging you, my friends, to bust me on crazy stuff when I say it. Don't assume that I heard it somewhere and maybe you are wrong. No, I probably am, so please tell me so I stop going around sounding like an idiot! Ha! Anyway, we had a really nice time but are super glad to be home. I'll post some pics later, we used regular have-to-get-them-developed cameras so we didn't get our new one sandy and wet, so I'll have some nice ocean pictures in a week or so...
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I have always loved you.......even when you INSISTED that people REALLY are suppose to chew the paper with the piece of Trident gum, and I loved you when you insisted that one time you had a fever of 120 degrees! And I am glad Rex loves you when you look like a greasy mess ( I was gonna say "greased pig", just for the expression, but realized that sounded HORRIBLE, like I was calling you a pig or saying you look like one, and you know I don't think that and you don't look like a pig at all......just the greased thing)
Post a Comment