I announced a few weeks ago that Mia's new sister Brya was born... here is big sissy holding little sissy in the hospital just a few hours after she was born-

The hospital where Christina delivered lets the big siblings of the new babies put their handprints on the wall. Mia and Eleanor made pink prints (I don't know if you can tell in this picture, but Mia's are handprints, Eleanor's are pink smudges!). Christina's dad also had little shirts made for them that said, "Big sister, Little Sister and Baby Sister." It was so sweet that they include Eleanor in their celebrations! She loves little "Byda" as she calls her and just wants to get the baby's toes and give her kisses and see her, and is actually a bit aggressive about it! Mia is of course a doting sister, and is actually spending time at their house this week for the first time since Brya was born. She was so excited about getting to help feed her baby sister!

Ah ok, this one is of Rex and I on a date. We have been venturing out here and there without Eleanor and it is nice I tell ya! We actually went on our first overnight without Eleanor last week! It went well for us, but not so well for Rex's parents who were watching the kids, so it will probably be a while before we try it again.

Ahh science experiments... Mia LOVES to do science experiments. This usually means her emptying out my kitchen drawers and filling bowls with dirt and water and utensils and distributing them all around the yard and house leaving me to wonder, "WHERE IS THAT STINKING QUARTER MEASURING CUP?" only to later find it in the sand box or in a bowl of mud on the back porch. Sometimes while Eleanor is napping I help her to actual experiments. If you google, "kids science experiments with water" for example, you get tons of neat and easy little ideas that don't make a huge mess and are pretty interesting for the tykes. This one for example is the ole' cornstarch and water mixed with food coloring makes pink slime trick. Warning: this experiment makes a bigger mess than the mud/water one.

Our little nephew Elliott turned 3 recently and Leah and Taylor had his party at their new house. It was fun for the kids and adults... this for example is how adults have fun at a 3 year old party.

This is a kid having fun.

and having more fun.

This is an adult again, having fun.

and back to a kid, having a massive amount of sweet fun.

Speaking of sweet fun, it was Rex' s birthday Sunday and we went to eat at Cheddars (since Kerby Lane had a 45 minute wait!!) and I would highly recommend it. It was super yummy and not too too expensive. Anyhow, we got this massive massive piece of chocolate cake to share (literally, it was big enough that 9 of us ate on it and had plenty). At one point Mia, sitting in my lap holding a spoon, shoveling cake, icing and ice cream with whipped cream on top into her mouth as fast as she could and she looked at me wide eyed and said, "Mom, you never let me have this much chocolate!!" and resumed shoveling. She is right, but sometimes you just gotta splurge on chocolate. I guess if I teach her to have self control for the most part only to occasionally gorge yourself on it that is as good as I'm gonna get, since that is the rule that I, myself live by. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment