Eleanor has graduated, most nights into her Amby bed. We both sleep so much better having a couple of feet between us. I realized that instead of sleeping more soundly next to each other, we were actually keeping each other awake since we are both wiggley sleepers. She has been back with us this past week a few days while she cuts her 4th bottom tooth (number 8 already!) but she seems to really like the swinging and bouncing that her little hammock supplies.

Girlies playing in the bath together.. Eleanor is just so elated when she can do things with her big sister. Her eyes get so big and bright and she just wiggles and splashes and has such a good time!

Around the house... Mia washing dishes! She loves to fill up the sink with bubbles and wash away! A lot of times the clean dishes end up dirtier than they were, but hey, she loves it and is being mommies helper so she gets to wash all the dishes she wants.
Hee hee. Big eyed baby!

Such a pretty one! She has this very pensive look on her face a lot. She isn't super
expressive, generally just content to watch everyone and hang out. She leans way back in her high chair, especially at restaurants and relaxes, dropping food into her mouth like the littlest queen of
Sheba. It is really funny actually how stoic she is most of the time. She'll smile at you, but it is a rare treat to get a giggle out of her... so rare that I have yet to catch it on film. She is just content, watching, learning, and just recently exploring!

Caught pulling up. Anything that will sit reasonably still she will pull up on!


This little pat of butter was cream that I scooped off the top of our milk (fresh, non-homogenized milk so the cream floats to the top), put it in a jar and shook it a few minutes. I couldn't believe that it actually made butter! I'm going to try my hand at homemade yogurt this weekend, but I have to wait until Saturday to get some more milk.
Evidently in Texas it is illegal to buy milk from anywhere except a commercial dairy, and they don't sell raw or non-homogenized milks. One store way up north carries it, but I'm going to check this weekend at the Farmer's Market before I go back up north. And yes, at 3.50 for a half gallon it is
wayyyyyyy more expensive, but I've been reading this book called, "Nourishing Traditions, the Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet
Dictocrats," and have been pretty convinced about not only the lack of nutrition in many of the foods we eat, but the actual damage that most of it causes to our bodies, so here is me shaking butter from fresh milk! I'm still trying to talk Rex into getting us some chickens...

We've been building "fords" as Mia calls them. This is her house, and they are little piggies and I am the big bad wolf. When I asked the little pig if I could come in, her response was, "No way
chiny chin!" Not quite the story, but close enough!


Mia's fairy wings! Grandma brought her these the last time she came over and Mia wore them all day,
flitting around the house, leaping, flying, running, spinning, and being so so excited that she finally got to be a fairy!

Coming to get me!
No comments:
Post a Comment