Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A few sweet things...



I don't get a lot of time to sit and write, but I have a few minutes now so I'll try to get these down before I forget them!

Tuesday Mia started her mother's day out program that includes ballet, gymnastics and swim lessons all in one day, from 9-12. She has been very excited to start, and I took her up to the school on Monday to look around so she would know what to expect. As we were walking I was explaining to her what she would do, in what order, etc and took her to see the ballet studio, the gym and pool and where she would eat lunch. She asked if I was going to be there and I said no, mommies didn't go to school, only kids and teachers go to school. I told her I was going to drop her off, then I was going to the grocery store while she did her school. "Then you are going to pick me up?" she asked. I told her I was and she said, "Ok, I will not be sad then. But why the llama was sad?" this is because we checked out a book at the library called, "Llama llama misses mama" about a little llama that starts school and gets sad for his mama, but then has so much fun and is happy when his mom comes to pick him up. I just thought it was adorable that she related to the little llama. So I told her for snack time that I would put her snacks in little ziplock bags, and she could ask her teacher to help her open them, and her apple juice would be in a cup in her lunch kit. "ok, and what else?" she asked, just trying to get a clear picture of what her day would be. So Tuesday morning comes around and I go to get her out of bed a bit early so she can have a slow moving morning that she needs so badly, and she is soaked. She has graduated to big girl underwear to sleep in and hasn't had an accident all month, but then of course the one morning we have an actual schedule everything is soaked! She gets up and says, "mom, I sure am sweaty!" I had to inform her that it wasn't sweat, so we needed to hop in the bath and wash off. Oatmeal for breakfast in the car because we are still somehow running late and off we go. I intended to drop her off and go grocery shopping or run errands while she was there, but I got so infatuated with watching her sweet little excited face just watch the teacher and try to get her little body to cooperate with her and do the steps she was being taught. All of the other kids have been in the class for a while, she just hopped into an open spot, but she kept up like she has been there for months!
Snack time came around and evidentally the school provides snacks, which I didn't know, so Mia was the only one with her little lunch kit. She pulls out all of the ziplocks with goldfish, graham crackers, cheese and apple and her apple juice and then noticed that no one else had snacks. She looked around and said, "Hey, thats ok, I have enough to share with everybody!" Oh what a sweet sweet thing that that was her first reaction!

Later in gymnastics she got kicked in the head by a little girl being a bit wild and when the little girl apologized, Mia responded by giving her a big hug and saying, "That's ok, I forgive you." Oh my heart!

Going back a little further, for the forth of july Mia was in Waller with her dad so we didn't see her. When she came home I was asking her about what she did and what all she saw, and I asked her about seeing fireworks. She said that she didn't see any fireworks, but when it got dark there was some beautiful glitter in the sky! Oh oh oh sweet.

I love my sweet sweet girl!

2 comments:

Jami said...

such a good girl she is! Now post about her growing up and going to college and staying little for GG!

Jocelyn said...

She melts my heart. What a sweetpea! And what a jam-packed 3 hours for her... SOOOO much fun! If we could all live life like her... jump on in, forgive and share... what a wonderful world it would be!