Wednesday, May 6, 2009

More firsts!

Oh so this week is going so so well behavior wise. I got to see my sweet Mia back in place of the stinky one that was hanging around a bit before! She has been so sweet and encouraging, using her loving words and being an overall joy. Thank the Lord! I was setting up her big girl bed today (yes, she is finally transitioning to a big girl bed!) and she was right behind me with, "Good job, mom, you can do it honey!" the whole time. We had a bit of trouble going to sleep in our new bed at nap time, but she eventually slept in it, and woke up happy and dry! Oh yeah, she slept in big girl panties and not a diaper for the first time today at nap time too! I don't think we are ready to try it overnight, but for nap time it worked great. She even got up and took herself potty and came back to her room all on her own! This is such an accomplishment, because usually we have to be right there with her while she goes to put her on the potty and dry her off, but she did it all by herself! I was so so proud. .
Then this afternoon she took her first yoga class! On Wednesdays this coolio coffee shop up the street is offering kids yoga, ages 3-5 for 6 bucks, so she went and had a blast. The funniest part though was when they were acting out their favorite animals- the teacher asked her what her favorite animal was and she replied, yes you guessed it, an okapi. Now of course the teacher had never heard of this animal and so she asked her what that kind of animal did, and Mia went up close to her and just stuck her tounge in and out a bunch. Ha! Not much of a yoga move I'm afraid! If you aren't sure what an okapi is, here ya go-
I had a good chuckle about the teacher's reaction. I mean how do you come up with a yoga stretch or position to mimic a crazy animal that you have never heard of? It was awesome



Finally, I found this great program that I am so excited to get Mia in. She is going to start in July, once a week from 9 to noon, and it is ballet, gymnastics and swim lessons, with snack and lunch I think. She is so excited since I told her she is going to take dance classes and get to wear a special ballet outfit! I can't wait to go pick out her first little pair of ballet shoes! She is also going to take some swim lessons at the park by our house in June, so hopefully by the end of the summer she won't be so terrified of the water and I'll be able to not be so paranoid whenever we are near it!
I gotta run!

No comments: