Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Matters of the Heart

The Psalmist says to guard over your heart, for from it flow the wellsprings of life. I love to hear what Mia has in her sweetest of little hearts...
There is a commercial on PBS where a little girl is running through the airport into her grandfather's arms, and Mia has always loved that girl. Everytime the commercial comes on in the morning for as long as she's been able to talk, she has pointed and jumped up and down screeching, "Girl girl! Dat girl!" The other day the commercial came on and Mia says to me, "oh mom, I just wub dat girl. I reawy just wub her." I ask her why, what makes her love that little girl, to which she looks at me with all seriousness and replies, "My heart makes me wub her."
Then a couple of nights later she was going to bed with a cut on her thumb. She had run it across Rex's razor and it started bleeding. She was very upset by this little cut, so I talked to her as she was laying in her crib about how since God made our bodies He can also heal our bodies if we pray for Him to, so we started a little prayer for Jesus to heal Mia while she slept. About halfway through my little prayer she holds her thumb up in the air and exclaims, "Its bweeding Jesus!! Its bweeding and I am sad!" I tried to keep a straight face and finish the prayer, but I tell you what it was hard! The next night Rex said a similar thing happened, he was praying with her and she hollers out, "Jesus, this nipple is bumpy and I don't wike it!" (speaking about the bumpy nipple that Rex put on her bottle that night!) Ha!
Then finally, sitting at Whataburger on the way home from Waller the other day Mia was eating and enjoying greatly her chicken nuggets and french fries and root beer when she took a deep breath and exhaled and said, "Whew! I am so full of chicken nuggets. Jesus better watch out in my heart because he's gonna get squished!" and that beats all. That is by far the funniest thing I have ever heard in my entire life!

And on to the pictures! Oh, Eleanor has a 3 month check up and she is 14 lbs 12 oz, so her weight gain has slowed down quite a bit, at only a pound and a half this month. About equal with my weight loss... : (
I put these back pictures on here to show the amount of squishiness that is my daughter. The little baby ones are from January and the big chuncky ones are from the other day-notice in January she is in a bowl in the sink, and now she barely fits in the sink at all!






Her shockingly beautiful eyes~























And finally, Mia has been so excited about riding Grandpa's horses, asking to go every single day since I told her about it. So we go out to Burnet on Saturday, then she starts getting cold feet. "Is it not real?" she asks. "Is it not big?" We got out to the pasture and she would pet the horse, but one mention of riding it and she was clinging to Rex like we were asking her to jump into a firey pit. " I need a widdle one!" she declared, and decided that it looked like a lot more fun to ride a grandpa, and play in the hay.


3 comments:

Jami said...

I wub her very much.........and the fat one too!

Jessica said...

yay for photos!

Jocelyn said...

AAAGGHHH!! I LOVE Mia-speak stories! They warm my heart every time. And I am so glad that I am not the only one with a rollie pollie, flubby baby. Kya: 2 1/2 months- 14 pounds. It's amazing how people make so many comments about big babies... it's been wearing on my nerves... like I'm doing something wrong or something. But, I LOVE it- my first tubby baby and I'm thankful for it because that means that she's also my first healthy baby!! :) So, props to the snuggly michelan man babies for sure!!