Sunday, February 1, 2009

Cremation

First of all, is that how you spell it? forgive me if not.. anyhow I have two stories on the topic.
1. Ya'll know I've been on this make it yourself kick in the kitchen, like making my own gluten free flour, cream of mushroom soup to cook with and chicken stock? well I was making another batch of chicken stock (just boiling the bones from a crock pot chicken in water to get the flavor out) when I decided to go check out this kids resale shop that was going out of business. I only intended on being gone a few minutes, but when kids clothes are like $1 and $2, well lets say I was gone a bit longer than expected. Even if I had planned on being gone a long time I shouldn't have left the gas burner on with the water simmering, but I did. I got home to this amazinly horrible smell and a bit of smoke wafting around the living room... Mia says, "What is that fmell?" I look in the kitchen to see what was bones simmering in water is now black charred, hard, charcoaly nastiness just cooking into my teflon skillet. I had to pry the top off of it and thankfully Rex got home soon after to scrape the remains outside, but I definately cremated that bird, and could possibly have burned down our house. Oops!

2. While having a nice leisurely drive a few weeks ago I decide that it was a perfect opportunity for Rex and I to discuss what we would like done with our remains when we die. His first suggestion was that I cremate him and sprinkle him in my morning smoothie. then he came up with I don't remember, either having his ashes made into ethenol or sprinkling him in my gas tank and enjoying one last nice sunday drive, on him. I told him I would like him to take my ashes to one of those companies who compress your remains and turn you into a diamond (one cool payoff from having a carbon-based body!) anyhow, he decided that was a mighty fine idea, that way he would have a ring to give to the girls' stepmom, his new wife. What a butt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
I laughed out loud and I am sure I will laugh out loud everytime I think of your's and Rex's discussion. I just love it when we are having a discussion with out significant other and they turn on us. I think a sense of humor is the sexiest quality in a man. You and Rex are blessed neither of you will ever be bored. love you, b