Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Motherhood

I wrote this the other night, up late rocking and nursing sweet Ella Bella and so I'll share my thoughts...

Anything worth anything is a challenge. Where is the sense of accomplishment in doing something that is easily done? Mothering- no, mothering well, is the biggest challenge I have ever faced, and I believe also the most worthy and meaningful task I will ever undertake.

This task is more challenging than my career that I could come and go from, leave in the evenings to entertain myself as I saw fit, take days off from and call in sick to. It is more challenging that my education- what is reading and writing when compared with teaching someone to read and write?

It is a constant challenge; a challenge to be patient, to be loving, a challenge to be wise. A challenge to be playful and engaged, a challenge to be calm and encouraging.

But this challenge that is the most tiring, most thankless, most stressful, most draining, is the most beautiful, most magical, most meaningful. I am so thankful that I have been blessed.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Ah, so true, so true!!!!

The Klentzmans said...

I am so thankful you are raising my kids Thanks Hun. i love you.