Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Morning sunshine

Mia still needs some "hold me" time, so Rex obliged last night.. she has been begging for a turn in the backpack since Ella Bella was born!





The place that Eleanor will spend the longest amount of time is on her changing table which is right up next to the window in our room. Today she spent enough time there that I was able to get dressed, washed, brushed, gather the trash and take it to the road, make coffee, check on her, go back downstairs to get my camera and capture a couple of videos. I know I sound silly in the films I took, but seriously she does smile and coo until I pull the camera out... that big red shiny thing is too distracting! I know I won't be able to leave her in her window seat too much longer because she'll start wiggling, but for now she is pretty stationary, so I say it is safe!

She is really picking up her own little schedule.. sleeping and eating pretty regularly at 1.5 or 2 hours during the day (or actually longer since any time she is fussy I just nurse her, even though she probably isn't hungry, it just makes her so happy!) and she sleeps for sometimes 4 hours but at least 3 hours during the first night time sleep after she gets swaddled and nursed/rocked down. She is staying awake for longer and longer and I've even worn her facing out in the Moby a couple of times- she loves looking around, and it looks so cute with a little tiny face sticking out! I'll take a picture next time I do it..

Have I talked about this jumpy house place called Goin'Bananas before? Oh my it is such a great rainy day play place! The museum here is ok, not awesome if you ask me and kind of pricey for what you get, and it is downtown so parking stinks, but Goin'Bananas is right up the street, only $7 for kids and adults are free, you can bring your own snacks and lunch in, everyone including adults has to wear socks, and it is 12000 square feet of bouncy house fun! There are huge slides, things to crawl through, bounce on and just totally wear yourself out. I would really like to have my next birthday party there, but I think I'll have to settle for watching Mia have a blast! Anyway, we went there again today since it is rainy and cold (although I didn't know this cold front was coming in while we were there since I never check the news or weather, so I had my children dressed in shorts and sandals... needless to say the ride home was COOOOOLLLLDDD!) oops!





No comments: