Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Way to long!

Umm Umm noodle soup! (For you Friend's fans...)Nature center playdate with our new friends!


I know it has been a long time since my last post, sorry about that. I haven't been feeling moved to write, and as you can see I haven't really taken many pictures! I have been informed on numerous occasions that this blog is not for me, however, it is for certain other people who do not see us everyday, so ok, sorry! So let's see...


Funny Mia-isms...

1. Last night we had the monitor on when she was in bed, and heard her laying in there singing, "Ewanor, Ewanor, Ewanor, Ewanor, no! My baby's name is Feween!" (Eleanor is what we have told her we are naming our new sister, however my mom told her that we would call her Faline, so we'll see what Mia actually calls her when she comes out!)


2. In the childcare at the gym they play kids movies, and Dumbo was playing during a recent visit. During the "pink elephants" part of the movie I came to pick her up and she asked me what was happening. I told her that Dumbo was having crazy dreams because he drank too much beer, just kind of as an offhanded remark. Later that day on the way to church she requested that we sing the "baby and worms had too much beer" song, and started saying, "I'm cwazy! I had too much beer!" We were just praying that she didn't tell the childcare ladies that at children's church!


3. We hung some new track lighting up this weekend in our dining room thinking that it would serve to brighten up the space quite a bit, although our plan failed, it is actually darker in the room I think, and the modern look of the lights doesn't really match the very traditional crown molding Rex just finished hanging. Mia walks in yesterday and looks up and says, "What you put up in you house?" pointing at the lights. I told her they were new lights, did she like them to which she responded a resounding "NO!" Later that evening she said that they were ok, she did like them. Unfortunately her mom still doesn't...


Husband-isms:


1. Rex ate a bunch of beef jerky at work, and not having any toothpics he decided to use a thumb tack to pick his teeth. Needless to say, he came home with teeth full of sinew and bleeding gums! Men...


2. A new company from California moved to town to do some new development work and was interviewing Rex and his boss as possible engineers to send work to. I asked him how it went and he said, "oh fine I think they'll do work with us, but I met one of the guys who just moved here with his family, he has four kids and his wife is due in December and wants to do a homebirth and I was telling him how excited my wife would be to talk to her and help her find a midwife and I got her email address for you so you should send her a note!" It really melted my heart to know that (a) he actually listens when I ramble on about childbirth stuff when I thought he was just tuning me out, and (b) he talked to a guy about it at work during an interview! What a sweet guy.


Pregnancy news:


I guess I am in the burping stage of pregnancy, I'm sure you were all dying to know. Everything I eat including water is giving me indigestion. I can't really eat much past lunch time and still be able to lay down at night and not be in major chest pains from the acid and stuff I guess. Maybe this will help me eat better... I have definately been falling back into old bad eating habits. How did I go all this time without puting cheese on everything?
Finally, here is a video of Mia and mom and I just kind of babbling on about nothing... this is mostly for Cat to just see her hanging out, nothing much actually happens!

And I haven't forgotten about being tagged and needing to send it along- I haven't thought of 6 things about myself yet, but will get around to it really soon!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love every second of that video! More, more,more:) Ok, no pressure. but I do love hearing her little voice and all of the fun/amazing/cute things that she says. It was fun seeing your mama too--hi Jami! So sweet about the Rex/pregnant mama story...love it. Okay, talk to ya soon friend, Jen