Here is sweet monkey in a tree out in Burnet at Rex's folks house...

aint she cute? I'm going to try to replay a conversation that she and my mom had that I overheard on the phone yesterday as she was playing in my/Catherine's old room at my mom's house:Mia: Go away GiGi I am fine in here! (as she slams door)
Mom: You are fine in there by yourself? What are you doing?
Mia: I have gum and I am eating it.
Mom: Are you supposed to be eating gum?
Mia: No.
Mom: Well, why don't you chew a piece instead of eating it?
Mia: Ok, I wiw.
I then proceed to tell my mom how Mia told me that she had been in that room "doing her work" yesterday. I asked what her work was and she informed me that it was "putting wiptick on everwyting." and that she had smeared chapstick all over the alarm clock and shelving, so maybe mom should go check on her. So, mom goes in the room and says, "Mia, what are you doing?"
Mia: Putting wiptick on tuff.
Mom: Is that where you are supposed to put lipstick?
Mia: No.
Mom: Where does lipstick go?
Mia: On my wips. I won't do it anymore.
Mom: Ok, well, let's come on out of this room then.
Mia: No, I wiw stay here and pway with those cds.
Mom: Um, what are you going to do with the cds?
Mia: Put wiptick on them.
I mean duh, right? Doesn't it sound like fun to put chapstick all over cd's in her aunts room? Of course it does! She is all about telling the truth and hasn't learned yet to fib to cover up doing what she shouldn't. It is awesome. Another recent conversation went something like this:
Mia: This is a mean brush!
Me: Why is that brush mean?
Mia: Because it is.
Me: What did it do to make it mean?
Mia: Dat is just the way God made it.
Me: Oh, well then. Ok.
That is usually what I answer when I run out of answers to her hours long barrage of whys, and it stops her in her tracks. It stopped me too... I mean really where can you ask why from there? She hasn't gotten quite philisophical enough to ask me why God makes things certain ways which is nice... I gotta start thinking up answers to be prepared!


4 comments:
That is the sweetest thing ever. We have similar conversations at our house. I love the "wiptick" pronounciation so much! Lolly (who's 3) was sitting on the couch yesterday with her hand down her pants and David said "Lolly, don't touch your lady parts in the living room where everyone can see you, go and do that in your room" and she looked over at him and said "Go into the kitchen."
I took pictures of a traumatic wiptick debacle...I'll try to find them.
Here are the pics:
http://lollytruly.blogspot.com/2008/01/my-favorite-lipstick-mac-ruby-woo-meets.html
I am glad to see the new pictures! She is so much fun..........I wuv her and her wipstick......thank goodness it was really chapstick and had no color.........Catherine your clock and shelves, and Cd's look no worse for wear......just have a nice slimmy texture!
Mia and I had a similar conversation about playing with herself in the living room... I told her not to do it in the living room where everyone could see her, and she responded, "Yes, onwy in the closet." There is just no response to something like that...
Post a Comment