
I am joining this group called Austin Preschool Moms club, and today we met at Pioneer Farms here in Austin to let the kids see some historical stuff...Mia wasn't thrilled with the Teepee!

Yes, that is a paint roller in her hands; she carried it around most of the time. It is a pretty good toy I guess, it is fuzzy and soft, good to hold, you can look through it and sing into it and lots of fun stuff. We buy all of these toys you know, and she picks a paint roller!



It was sooooooooooo good to talk to mommy's with kids our exact same age. They match groups up by year the child was born, so they are all just over 3 or almost 3 so there was lots of talk of sharing, and asking nicely, having patience (not a popular one among the crowd) and taking turns. They were all pretty cute together, sometimes holding hands and walking, sharing goldfish, playing chase, all while us moms got to talk about them, our days, adding siblings (two moms also had other babies) etc. What fun! I had quite a laugh when one of the girls wasn't minding and I said something about having to resort to counting to 3 every once in a while. She was like, "oh, we count to 5. All of the time. Yesterday we actually reached 5 four times! It was the most frustrating, terrible day!" I think only another mom can understand the frustration of actually reaching 5 and still not getting results, four times in one day. I was of course not glad to hear of her tough day, but I was SO glad to listen to someone else talk about nearly losing it with their 3 year old, and just having a nice sigh and laugh about it, just understanding. Yeah for mommy groups!


This is Mia riding the fruit at the "apple store" (central market). Out front they have all of this different fruit and she loves to climb from veggie top to veggie top. This was one happy apple rider. She was in such a good mood all day yesterday and we really had an amazing time together even though it rained. She told Rex and I before she went to bed, "I'm so happy, I could eat a whole zebra!" and "I'm so happy, I can go under this table!" she was doing all kinds of funny things that she could do because she was just so happy. Me too babe, me too.

Finally, a pic of Rex and I at our friends Julie and Rob's rehersal dinner last weekend. They had this awesome wedding and we danced and danced until everyone was just soaked in sweat and red faced and cracking up laughing! I am not much of a dancer (at least not sans alcohol) but even I got out and "shook that baby all up" as Rob's mom said. My feet hurt all the next day, and I think half the wedding saw the not so cute spanx I was wearing under my dress because it kept blowing around, but it was so worth it. I'll post more pics of Rex breakdancing as soon as they surface.
2 comments:
where's this bottom photo from? you look nice in this one too! Cute, happy couple! So happy you could eat zebras!
I so need to join a group like this! Glad you found one and so glad you and Mia had a good day together:) Jen
Post a Comment