Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A child's prayers

Everynight when I am rocking Mia before she gets in bed (with pillow, blankie and baba hot tea, of course) I say, "Ok Mia, let's say our prayers to Jesus now. Is there anything you would like to thank Jesus for today?" For the most part in the past the answer was a grunt, or something random like "God" or just nothing, but recently her thanksgiving has been much more detailed. I thought I would share a recent prayer time conversation that we had.

Me: Is there anything you would like to thank Jesus for today, Mia?

Mia: Yes

Me: Ok, what would you like to thank Him for?

Mia: Apples

Me: Ok, apples, and what else?

Mia: Oranges

Me: Ok, what else?

Mia: Apple juice

Me: Ok apple juice, what else?

Mia: Orange juice

Me: Ok great. Anything else?

Mia: Food

Me: Ok we will thank Jesus for food. Do you want to thank Him for anything else?

Mia: Refridgerators

Me: Ok sure. Anything else?

Mia: Alligators

Me: (giggling) Ok, what else?

Mia: Cows

Me: Ok, cows and what else?

Mia: Doggies

Me: Ok great what else?

Mia: Um, cows

Me: Ok we will thank Jesus for cows. What else would you like to thank Him for?

Mia: Mommy

Me: (smiling) ok what else?

Mia: Rexy poo

Me: ok, and Rexy-poo. What else?

Mia: Mia

Me: Ok, we will thank Jesus for Mia. Anything else?

Mia: Mia is a big girl

Me: You want to thank Jesus for making you a big girl?

Mia: Yes

Me: Ok great what else?

Mia: KJ is a big boy

Me: Ok we will thank Jesus that KJ is a big boy. What else?

Mia: Baby brother or sister

Me: Ok great we will thank Jesus for our baby brother or sister. That is wonderful Mia, now lets pray and thank Jesus for all of these things.

Now, cut to me trying to remember this list as we go through thanking Jesus for all of it! Hope that makes you smile as big as it did me. : )

1 comment:

The Bittles said...

I just love it! I hope you are feeling well and getting settled in to your new home. Tell Papa Rex hi for us and miss you!