These are the sweetest words I have ever heard. The other night Mia and I were just hanging out, cuddling, playing in the bath and she hugged me and gave my face a sweet pat and said it, "Mommy, you my best fwiend." I almost started crying. She told me a few more times that same night, and said it again today. It is usually when we are playing together or having some fun mommy-baby time, but it is just the sweetest thing ever. She also patted my shoulder and said, "I gwad to see you mommy." and just last night I was putting her to bed and she hugged me and said, "Mommy, you a good boy." It just melts your heart.
And, speaking of mommy-baby time, if you haven't heard by now, we are expecting another one!!!!! So any of you in the young mommy's club who are thinking about having another, this would be a super fun time to do it so we can compare notes and talk about how tired we are together! Speaking of tired, I haven't been blogging much because instead of computering, I have to nap. I mean have to. I am headed there now. It is kind of tough since I STILL haven't finished painting the cabinets, and now I need to be packing and cleaning, but alas, one minute after I hit "publish post" I'll be under the covers. Oh, quickly, specifics on the babe, I'm probably 6 weeks or so along, and that gives baby#2 the exact same due date as Mia! (Dec 14). She was actually born on the 6th because I had a C-section and the doctor likes to do them at 38 1/2 weeks, so it would be the exact same day for this baby if I have to go that route. I do think I would like to avoid having a C-section if at all possible, but it said in this pamphlet that only 1 out of 10 women who have had previous C-sections are given permission my their doctors to try to deliver natually, and only 60-80% of those succeed, so I might be doomed. I surely hope not, that was HORRIBLE ! It just goes to show you that just because Brittany Spears does something does not mean that it is the best idea out there. Who knew?
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Jennifer just find a doctor who is willing to help you deliver naturally because my sister in-law had a c-section with her first and then had 6 naturaly. That is right 6 babies. It is usually the dr.s that don't want to do it. And BIG congrats on the baby I did not know. Love ya, anna
What did Brittney Spears do? Besides the obvious! Apparently I am not up on my Brittney facts........
you ARE a good boy!
Well... I should finish finals and zip home.
The longer the little thing is stealing nutrients from you, the better.
BIG Congrats Jen and Rex. Anna is right finding the right Dr is essential. I know plenty of women that have had a C-section and go on to have mutiple children naturally. Just remember the Drs, are usually in a cya mode and into doing what is easiest and safest for them not you. I agree with Mia you are a good "boy". love you all, beth irwin
Congrats on the baby!
I am a labor and delivery nurse now and do VBACs (vaginal birth after cesarean) every day. They can be very safe if done properly. Just make sure you have a good doc that does them routinely. Everyone has their own opinion, but my advice would be to only do it in a hospital, just in case of an emergency!
Good Luck and congratulations, again!
Post a Comment