Monday, February 11, 2008

Conversations with a toddler...

It was raining for most of the day and I wasn't feeling up to going out to play, so we hung out inside today and made yummy treats and worked on potty training (hence the naken toddler). She was just talking non stop all day, so I thought I would get some of it on film. It is quite entertaining!

She throws up so much poor thing, she just gets to coughing and gags and looses everything she has ever eaten in life! I guess she has gotten so used to it that it is what she expects to happen now every time she has a bad cough!

Her version of the alphabet! The first part is hard to hear, but she starts over and belts it nice and loud! Make sure to listen for her improv ending... and yes, she is eating cookie dough and drinking coke. I really had the intentions of not feeding her those types of things, but sometimes I just need them, so she gets them too. Not always mind you, but on occasion we need a treat! Watching this video makes me feel a bit like a bad mother though...

Caillou, one of her favorite PBS shows has this annoying little boy that she LOVES. We have to sing the jingle to it when she goes to sleep at night, and so she is trying to learn the words. She is kind of growling it here, but hey, its a start!

This is actually the funniest video in my opinion... she does a little medley, starting with Barney and transitioning into "Mia was a little bitty fish" (which is a modified version of the song "Cleo was a little bitty fish from Pinnochio) and then she goes into "Her name was Mia" which the tune is also not an original (see if you can catch what the original song was!!) Anyway, this is a song I sang to her when she was little and smelled quite ripe because she hadn't had a bath in a few days (again, terrible mother). It goes something like, "Her name was Mia, Mia, queen of the diapies, she needs a wipie on her stinkey booty. Her name was Mia, Mia she is a sweety, but don't smell her feety cause they really stink!" Anyway, this has become a bath time song around here, and it makes me laugh every time!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I think that was the cutest rendition of the ABC's that i have ever heard! But, I don't know, hearing her sing the words"stinky booty" might top it. Love you guys, jenny

catherine said...

that is the cutest child I have ever seen.
seriously?
Do you think you can match that?