Friday, December 28, 2007

Our first week...

So, I've been reading all of these blogs of all of our friends and while it seems like a strange way to keep up with people and their lives, it kind of makes sense (and saves tons of cell phone minutes). Not to be the ONLY young married couple with a child(ren) that doesn't have a blog about our daily happenings, funny and cute pictures, words of encouragement or whatever else goes into a blog-by-mom, here goes our first post!

We have a few friends who are so very witty and poetic that their blogs seems to come out of some sort of classic novel; some have children who say things that are so funny, I wonder why my daily occurences don't double people over with laughter...but maybe they will- I'll leave that up to the readers, I guess.

Today, driving down 249 Rex commented about the new IMAX being built..he said, "Hey, I Max!" to which Mia responded, "No, Rex, no I Max." He kept arguing with her that it was indeed an IMAX, when finally she said, "No, Rex, no I Max. You Rex!" He had to then admit, "you are right dear, I not Max, I Rex!" She is so literal! She is also at this stage where she will pick a phrase or idea and repeat it ad nauseum in the car all the way home from a visit somewhere...she once repeated the phrase "Brent scared you!" at least 100 times on the way home from Galveston when a family friend snatched her up to keep her from running headlong down a flight of stairs. Today, it was "No baby Baba, onwy big baba" which may not make sense to non baby speakers, but its translation is that she did not like the new bottles I bought for her at Walmart yesterday, for some reason she has deemed those baby bottles that she will not drink out of, she will only accept her Baba hot tea in a big girl bottle... I wish I remembered being two years old so that I would be able to differentiate between what makes a bottle a baby vs a big bottle... what a little nut!

We have been super busy decorating, moving, re-arranging, cleaning, unpacking and generally setting up house! Only some times does being married feel any different, mostly it feels the same, we just don't go home at night! Mia is having a bit of a hard time adjusting, she keeps insisting that this is not our home, and she is ready to go home. It is really sad for all of us, but we know that she will be totally adapted in a couple of weeks. So, here's to planning and preparing, cleaning and painting, loving and living... talk to ya'll again soon!

2 comments:

Jami said...

Good job on the first posting! IMax...good job on that one Mia!

Jessica said...

I had to find this blog on my own!! Thanks for starting it though i look forward to working less and reading more. I also look forward to coming to see your house the next time i'm in town!?!?!